Jagua Ink will stain the skin for 10 to 14 days before it begins to fade. When you take good care of the Jagua stain, it will be more likely to last for several weeks or even longer!
Essential Tips on Extending the Life of Jagua Tattoos.
- Before applying Jagua to the skin, ensure the skin is clean and free from Lotions, makeup or natural oils.
- Once the Gel is applied to the skin, allow the Jagua design to dry for at least 2 hours and do not touch the Jagua design once applied. Try not to stretch or push the skin together & make sure not to touch the tattoo on any other part of the body.
- Leave the Jagua Gel on your skin for as long as possible. The longer the Gel stays on the skin, the darker the stain will be.
- While washing the gel away, use room-temperature water and mild soap. The best way to remove the dried Jagua gel is with the fingertips.
- Ensure to only dry the stain by dabbing it gently with a cloth. If you rub the design at this early stage, it might begin to fade more quickly.
- Try to keep the Jagua stain from soap and water for 24 hours once the gel has been washed away.
- Keep the skin clean and free from sweat. Avoid sports or physical activity.
- The gel will last more depending on which part of the skin it is applied to. On the back and arms, it generally lasts the longest.
- Apply a coat of natural oil, butter, or lotion after the paste is removed. Keep the stain moisturized and keep it from rubbing off on things.
- Drink water and stay hydrated.